- This event has passed.
Link Jam (with Crux) – electronic music jam session, Sat 7 Dec
December 7 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
London LINK JAM
electronic music jam session
HOSTED BY CRUX
*** open to all ***
SATURDAY 7 DECEMBER 2019
2pm – 5pm. Free entry
NEW RIVER STUDIOS – 199 Eade Rd, London N4 1DN
Bar available for beer, refreshments and pizza.
Turn up, Link up and plug in!
An open electronic music jam session and meetup.
You can prepare any ‘instrument’ to jam with. This could be made with Ableton Live only, or a mix with hardware – or any setup that can connect with the Link sync signal. Anything goes really, so come and jam with us!
There are now a huge number of apps that use Link to connect with other devices. Check out the full list at: http://www.ableton.com/en/link
There should be an opportunity for participants to introduce their instrument and setup, so that we also get to learn about what other people have created.
IDEAS AND GUIDELINES
Jam sessions can be a bit messy, and electronic ones can suffer additionally if everyone goes in heavy and tries to dominate the mix. So, if you are planning to come and participate please try to prepare yourself in advance so that we can it a success…
• Having Link installed in Ableton Live (versions 9.6 and above) or the latest version of your Link-enabled app (see the URL below for a list of compatible programs)
• Ability to join our network using wi-fi
• Audio cable (to get into the mixer, ideally ending in 1/4″ jacks, but RCA is also fine)
• Split monitoring (optional) – you may want to use headphones to monitor your output before sending to the mixer
ROLES AND AUDIO MATERIAL
• Try to bring a range of material to work with (drums, bass, leads, pads, SFX etc) as not everyone can do the rhythm section 🙂
• Try to prepare for different BPMs and/or musical keys
• Only enter individual sounds into the mix – not whole tracks
• Listen to the mix and make space where possible
There will be a few people on hand to help get people set up and plumbed into the mixer. Just remember to work with a smaller sound-set that you can tweak and it will be great fun for everyone involved!
More info on Ableton Link: